Monday, December 7, 2009

Give'm That Ol' Razzle Dazzle...

If you are anything like me, you're submersed in the wonderful world of gift wrapping, last-minute gifts, and decorating every nook and cranny of your home...and loving every second of it. Somehow, in all the madness, I've still found a few minutes here and there to work on a few projects (and of course, buy more supplies). We even had a surprise light dusting of snow on the grounds as December rolled in. It's been years since we've had an honest-to-goodness White Christmas in my neck of the woods, but a boy never stops dreaming.

For today's quick card project, I have to say that I'm slightly disappointed that I didn't have more time to fidget with the camera to try and get some better shots of this card. It was my first time experimenting with the Stampin' Up! Heat & Stick Powder and the Dazzling Diamonds glitter. Let me just assure you that these pictures do a poor job of getting the glitz across. If you are a bling junkie, you really need to play with some of these wonderful powders and potions.

The base of this A2-sized card is a piece of decorative cardstock from SEI's 'Glitzmas' collection. I used a 4 1/2" x 4" piece of Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock to create the mat for the card. Both the card base and mat had the corners removed with the SU! Ticket Corner punch.

I ran my white cardstock through my Sizzix Big Shot using the "Christmas Ornaments" Cuttlebug embossing folder. I then used a sponge dauber to apply Tsukineko Memento ink in "Lady Bug" to the embossed front. After the ink was set, I used a VersaMark pad to coat the raised portions of the embossing. Then it was time to sprinkle with Heat & Stick powder and get out the heat gun. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but the powder applies wonderfully and melts with minimum heat. As soon as my adhesive powder was melted, I scooped some Dazzling Diamonds glitter across the top, shook off the excess and reheated a bit for a final set.

For the greeting, I used my SU! scalloped circle and circle punches, pieces of Riding Hood Red and Whisper White cardstock, some Tsukineko ink in "Cottage Ivy" and a stamp from the Stampin' Up! set 'Holiday Best'. (If you'll notice, I sort of missed the mark on my stamping job--but I convinced myself that it gave the piece the illusion of being a round ornament, lol). Sometimes mistakes do add a bit of charm to the finished project--or so I tell myself.






Before I leave you for a pile of bows and tape dispensers, I thought I'd share a sneak peak of a home decor project that I'm working on. I think it's coming along nicely...and I'll share the completed project soon.



Wherever the day finds you, keep warm and more importantly, keep your heart warm...and keep crafting!

No comments: