Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Candy Corn Explosion



I came upon this lovely sheet of candy corn paper from a Die Cuts With A View Fall Stack from last year. It inspired me to play with a couple of Martha Stewart punches and create a couple of Halloween themed cards.

I have to say that I am completely in LOVE with the new Martha Stewart Punch Around The Page punch sets. Additionally, the new wing-edged punches are a dream when it comes to folding them up and conserving on storage space. I recently purchased the Spider Web punch set and finally found a source to order my Loopy Border set. I even re-purchased the Drippy Goo punch just to get the wing-edged version.

Both cards are A2 size and the card base is Bazzill textured cardstock in Raven. The first card features a Drippy Goo border on the decorative mat. The stamped skull image is from the new Stampin' Up! Halloween set entitled "From The Crypt" (#115460, $22.95). It was stamped on Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock (#100730, $7.50 for 40 sheets) with a Classic Stampin' Pad in Only Orange (#102696, $5.95). The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up! set "Teeny Tiny Wishes" (#115370, $36.95). The card is accented with a Copic Atyou Spica Glitter Pen in Orange.




The second card showcases the same decorative DCWV paper. I cut a piece at 3 1/4" x 5" and used both the Martha Stewart Wing Edger Spider Web punch and the Corner Spider Web punch to create the all-around border. To highlight the web cuts, I adhered the decorative paper to a piece of Stampin' Up! Whisper White cardstock cut at the same size. I used the Stampin' Up! Ticket Corner Punch (#107214, $6.95) on the four corners as an accent.


No comments: