Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Little Monsters

For some strange reason of late, I seem to be preoccupied with Christmas. Which is a bit weird since it's more than five months away. My mind is exploding with Christmas card layouts and holiday projects. Most of them are being written in my "inspiration" notebook for perusal at a later date.

But, another holiday struck my fancy yesterday (even though it is still a few months away as well)--Halloween. I recently purchased a terrific set of stamps from Unity Stamp Company called "Little Monsters". They are the most adorable Halloween inspired images. If they don't make you smile, I think a part of you might be dead--which come to think of it might just fit with the holiday!

This card project is a standard A2 size (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"). The base cardstock is Stardream Mica Fuse in Flame. The accent cardstock is by Core'dinations from the All In The Family collection in Orange. It's been cut at 3 1/2" x 4 1/4" and edged with the Stampin' Up! Scallop Border Punch. It was then run through the Cuttlebug with the Tiny Mosaic Folder and sanded with a Stampin' Up! Snow Block.

The Baby Frankenstein and Witch's Hat are from the Unity Stamp Set "Little Monsters" and stamped on Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White Cardstock using Tsukineko's Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black. I then colored both images using Copic Sketch Markers. They were adhered to the embossed cardstock with Stampin' Up! Stampin' Dimensionals. The scalloped piece was then adhered to the card base with my ATG 714 adhesive gun. For the card sentiments, I used two other stamps ("little monster" and "trick or treat") from the "Little Monsters" set. Something about this card just makes me feel like a little kid again (Not that I'm not accused of the fact more often than I care to admit!). I hope this card gets your "little monsters" waking from the graveyard of holiday's future and inspires you to create something in honor of ghosts and goblins that float by us each and every day! Keep Crafting....





No comments: