Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Card Glimpses

Of late, I seem to have found this deep fountain of ideas for card layouts and techniques I want to try. The problem of course is one as old as time. Well, actually, it is time. For as many ideas as I have, there never seems to be enough time to get them all realized. I suppose that is a good thing--since inspiration and creativity can sometimes be moody playmates.

I just received a huge order of new stamp sets from Stampin' Up! and have been busy preparing them (EZ-Mount) for the calendar cases I store them in. There really are some marvelous new sets and artwork in the 2009-2010 catalog. Among some of my new favorites are: 'All Hallow's Eve', 'Beware Pirates', 'Extreme Elements', 'Medallion', 'Pendant Park', 'On A Pedestal', 'Greenhouse Garden', 'From The Crypt', and 'Chic Boutique'. I also finally broke down and ordered the Color Caddy and extender kit. I was never quite sure this is the route I wanted to take for my Stampin' Pad storage, but now I'm very happy I did. Of course, not all of my pads fit. But, it does make a great home for the four major color groupings (Bold Brights, Earth Elements, Rich Regals and Soft Subtles), as well as the last twelve In Color ink pads. It provides a great visual reminder of the palette that is available in my stamping ideas.

The weather here has been ridiculously hot. Though, I suppose that's just further impetus to stay inside and create. Wherever you are and whatever your weather, keep crafting!








2 comments:

Gina Thornton said...

Wow Albert! Your pictures are so BRIGHT and awesome! Tell me your secret!!!!!!

Good to see you aren't in need of emergency services...wink wink!

Claire Lawrence said...

nice cards, and I love the description you wrote about the products and inspiration and creativity being moody playmates! nice post
Claire