Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Toys, New Cards

In the "I'm Sure This Is Not Breaking News" department, I must report that I've been a very, very bad boy on the spending front. (*gasps ring out from the stunned masses--or not*) I've recently become a big fan of Unity Stamp Company and their deeply-etched red rubber stamps. They've got some terifically quirky artwork. Many of their stamps are already mounted on cling mount foam and ready to use. The quality is superb. I recently joined their "Kit Of The Month" club, as well as purchased several sets that I just "had" to have.

I've also another terrible confession to make. As much as I love my Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol, as well as my Stampin' Up! Stampin' Write Many Marverlous Marker Set, I've succumbed to that Japanese virus called Copics. I embarrassed to say that my first purchase was a set of twelve (12) of the Original Copics. I bought them without really knowing enough to make an informed purchase--or realizing that I much prefer the Sketch marker. That said, I now own seventy-two (72) and counting Sketch markers and I LOVE THEM! Now, I am no where near the talent level of many of my fellow crafters when it comes to Copic technique and blending accumen. But I am certainly enjoying self-teaching myself. I can definitely see progress, but I have of hours of practice ahead of me. The major problem with Copics is that they are truly, hideously ADDICTING! No matter how many you have in your collection, it is never enough.

Of course, I also have been through the new 2009-2010 Stampin' Up! catalog (several times) and have been honing my lists up and down. Needless to saying, I'm chomping at the bit for July 1st to arrive so that I can place the first of what I'm sure will be several orders. So far, I haven't had the intestinal fortitude to add up the total of my current list. But, I do love surprises, LOL!

Well, enough about my shopping habits. Here are a few cards I've worked on in recent days. I've tried to include all the product information, but if you have any specific questions (and/or comments), please feel free to drop an e-mail or leave a comment and I'll try to get the information you need to you.


Feel Better Card: (base cardstock: Stardream Fuse Mica in Citrine; mat cardstocks: Stardream Fuse Mica in Lapis, Stardream Fuse Mica in Fairway, Stampin' Up! Whisper White; punches: EK Success Corner Adorner--Fountain Fun, Martha Stewart Branch punch, EK Success Corner Rounder; stamps: Stampin' Up! Pretty Peony Set (retired), Papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages; inks: Palette Hybrid Ink in Water Lily Green and Prussian Blue, Tsukineko Brilliance in Starlight Silver;)



Friendship Card: (base cardstock: Bazzill Bling in Emerald City; decorative paper: Basic Grey Offbeat Collection; mat cardstock: Stampin' Up! Whisper White; punch: Stampin' Up! Tag Corner Punch; stamps: Gel-é-tins Sheltering Tree Set; inks: Tsukineko Memento in Cottage Ivy, Tsukineko Brilliance in Pearlescent Thyme, Tsukineko Memento in Potter's Clay, Tsukineko Memento in Rich Cocoa; accent: Uniball Signo UM-153 in Gold;)




Missing You Pocket Card: (base cardstock: Bazzill Textured cardstock, Stampin' Up! Whisper White; decorative paper: Papertrey Ink Men Of Life Collection; punches: Stampin' Up! Scalloped Circle Punch and 1 3/8" Circle Punch; ribbon: Stampin' Up! Striped 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon in Pacific Point (retiring); stamps: Papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages set; ink: Tsukineko Memento in Tuxedo Black; tab: K & Co. Mira collection;)




Anniversary Card: (base cardstock: Stardream Fuse Mica in Citrine, Stampin' Up! Whisper White; mat cardstock: Stardream Fuse Mica in Rose Quartz; decorative paper: Papertrey Ink Hodge Podge Collection; punch: EK Success Corner Adorner--Fountain Fun; stamps: Stampin' Up! Fifth Avenue Floral (#113734), Papertrey Ink Mega Mixed Messages set; copic markers: RV21 (Light Pink), RV04 (Shock Pink), R24 (Prawn), R27 (Cadmium Red), R32 (Peach), and V12 (Pale Lilac); ink: Tsukineko Memento in Tuxedo Black;)

1 comment:

Gina Thornton said...

HI Albert! You've updated!! I should pick on you some more huh? Maybe we can get all kinds of looks into your crafting world!! LOL! Love the cards, and I am right there with you on the new SU catalog! Have you seen the INColors????? AWESOME!! I made a card last night with Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and Melon Mambo! I have to get it on my blog!
Thanks for sharing your recent adventures in crafting!!!